hello, again.

Friday, April 03, 2020

There is nothing quite like returning to a place that is familiar, yet completely changed. Whether it's by time or space or happenstance-- change happens, but I'd like to think that, at our core we stay the same.
For example, when I started my first blog in 2012, I truly felt like myself when I was blonde--which is still a fact, though these days I don't mind a flash of pink or mind my roots as much.
And I still live in the same town I did back then, too, but am now just a hop and a skip across the way.
I still love styling an amazing outfit-- but have lost track of when Fashion Week happens.
I'm still a poor girl with expensive taste-- only now I have the means to, every once and a while, actually buy some of those yummy designer pieces I drool over.
And even though I haven't done it on the internet in years, I've still spent my time answering questions and giving my opinion when absolutely no one has asked. (I even tried to name this blog "nobody asked" but, you know, great minds!) What can I say, I like to share.
What better time to return to something so familiar yet different than a pandemic? Lord knows that I have the time (and a lot to say).
So I suppose this is hello (again)-- from the other side of familiar--the dreams are still big, the eyeliner is still winged but the house plants are alive and everything is angled 2 degrees to the right. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments